Thursday, January 13, 2011

Liquid Liner - Mac Vs Maybelline




I purchased the MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner a few weeks back, and LOVED IT! It had a wonderful application, nice opacity, and long wear. For the $17.50 I paid for it, I thought it was well worth it!




Then a week or so passed, and I read a review that a fellow blogger did on the Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner. I love the lash stiletto mascara, so intrigued decided to pick some up. I got mine at Rite-Aid for around $7. They're having a sale right now buy 1 get 1 50% off - so I picked up another Maybelline liner. Normally I would have gone with a different brand, but looking at the ingredients on the back the formulations are in fact different. The other liner I purchased was the Ultra Liner Liquid Eye Liner ( $5) Based on the image on the front of the packaging I though that this had a foam tip as well, but it's a brush.



From Right to Left ( Superslick, Line Stiletto, Ultra Liner)

The Superslick applicator is the nicest I think - it tapers off, and allows for a very nice thin or bold line.

The Line Stiletto applicator LOOKS like it is thicker, and might create a less precise line, but to my surprise it applied just as nicely as the Superslick.


The Ultra liner brush could be better, but it's not bad by any means. I just feel as if I have better control with the other 2 liners.

From Left to Right: Superslick, Line Stiletto, Ultra Liner




The pigmentation was nice with all three but the best with the Superslick, and the Ultra Liner.


I think that if Maybelline used the formulation of the ultra liner with the line stiletto packaging it would be a fantastic Superslick Dupe!


If you don't want to pay nearly 20 for a MAC liquid liner, but still want an AMAZING liner, I highly recommend trying out the Line Stiletto, or even the ultra liner for that matter if you're comfortable with a brush! :)

I hope this helps someone, and if you have any liners that you like please let me know so I can try them out! :)



I swatched all three of the liners on my hand, and have been wearing them for about 6 hours. There is no fading, or flaking at all on any of them! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lovely,

    wow i love your blog. I´m your new FOLLOWER <3! Love your Photos....very inspired me! THANKS! so cool

    Please follow me too! Kisses

    Have a great time!

    xoxo
    http://mar-iza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete